Saturday, November 30, 2013

Banana Pancakes


Good morning!
It’s a lovely Saturday, right? I love Saturdays. It’s the first day of the weekend, you can sleep in, cuddle until noon, then lazily take the day one step at a time.
I tend to be an early-riser, though. Most of the time I’m up at between 9 and 9.30 a.m. at the weekend. You know, for a person whose normal working days start at 8 a.m., this IS a sleep-in, I tell you! Besides, if I’m up before anyone else is, I can have a couple of hours to myself – this is the time to make myself a cup of tea, read those newspapers brought to me from abroad that I never otherwise have time to read, do some yoga, make a breakfast. I love making breakfasts on Saturday mornings! It has become something of a tradition of mine – a Saturday morning breakfast, then a walk in the park, then some shopping. Bliss!

The recipe I’d like to share with you today is a nice variation of the traditional pancake recipes. It’s very simple, very quick and very tasty! Moreover, it’s gluten-free (not that I have a problem with gluten, but I mention it, since it’s so fashionable…).
So here it is:

Rice flour banana pancakes

You need:
1 large, ripe banana, mashed
2 eggs, medium or small (or 1 if large)
½ cup (80 gr) rice flour
¾ cup (180 ml) milk
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp brown sugar (or honey)
½ tsp salt

You do:
1.      Beat eggs, sugar, salt, oil and banana together in a bowl.
2.      Add the flour and baking powder. Mix well until combined.
3.      Finally, add the mild and stir.
4.      Use an ice-cream scoop or a small ladle to put some of the mixture on a heated, buttered frying pan.
5.      Fry until golden brown on each side.

Makes about 15-20 small pancakes (about 10 cm in diameter) – just enough for two people. You can always substitute the rice flour with normal wheat one.

Serve warm with honey, cream cheese or maple syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment